Yesterday SAP made a promise to help customers become the “Experience Company powered by the Intelligent Enterprise”. To deliver on this, SAP have unveiled solutions and initiatives at SAPPHIRE NOW day two that tie into their unified business technology platform vision and will allow customers to thrive in the experience economy.
Today SAP have announced they aim to provide one unified platform to turn experience data (X-data) and operational data (O-data) into action. This platform comprises of SAP HANA, SAP Cloud Platform, and SAP Leonardo, and will provide significant automation of data-to-action steps through Machine Learning.
New Intelligent Solutions for SAP HANA and SAP Cloud Platform
As the intelligent suite runs on SAP HANA, it is the foundation of the Intelligent Enterprise. One of the major announcements today is the release of SAP HANA Cloud Services, bringing the power and performance of SAP HANA to the cloud, acting as a gateway to all trusted company data in real time to address the challenges of distributed data landscapes.
SAP HANA Cloud Services is meant to be a single source of truth for all data, including transactional and analytical, as well as structured and unstructured data across on premise and cloud. Data of any size and shape will be made available to people, algorithms, and applications with online access, providing cloud qualities like low total cost of ownership, elasticity, serverless principles, high availability, resilience, and autonomy.
With SAP HANA at the core, the new solution will be built on the fastest in-memory computing engine. By making this engine elastic, it will be possible to scale out indefinitely, enabling customers to add more resources as they require and reduce them when they don’t need them anymore. SAP HANA Cloud Services will also offer a data lake storage tier at minimum cost without any limits.
Since the on-premise SAP HANA platform will share the same core components as SAP HANA Cloud Services, all SAP HANA customers will benefit from the new features and functionality that come with the cloud.
At the same time, SAP Cloud Platform is evolving further into a business technology platform, enabling customers to easily extend and integrate SAP applications with differentiating capabilities. SAP HANA Cloud Services and SAP Cloud Platform aim to provide customers access to all SAP and third-party application data, reduce data duplication and offer a single point for security and governance.
New products, services and initiatives are planned to take advantage of SAP HANA Cloud Services and SAP Cloud Platform, including the following:
- SAP Data Warehouse Cloud is the first solution planned to be built with SAP HANA Cloud Services. It unites heterogeneous data in one solution, maintaining the security, trust and semantic richness of a company’s data. Users can quickly access their entire data landscape and translate it into value in line-of-business-specific spaces, and all with a pay-as-you-go flexible pricing model based on consumption.
It brings the power of SAP HANA performance and flexible modelling along with SAP BW/4HANA structured modelling into one enterprise-class cloud data warehouse. With pre- built templates, integration to SAP, hybrid modes with SAP HANA and SAP BW/4HANA, and other data sources, SAP Data Warehouse Cloud delivers faster results and simple cloud-based end-user analytics.
- SAP and OpenText are strengthening their partnership with plans to extend SAP Cloud Platform with unstructured content. Immediate plans are to provide for enterprise-scale document management as a service on SAP Cloud Platform with future integration into SAP S/4HANA Cloud and other applications to follow. The services will help customers improve the flow of all types of information, collaborate along the entire business process and increase productivity.
New Intelligent Solutions driven by AI, the IoT and Analytics
SAP plans to embed further updates of SAP Leonardo technologies such as Artificial Intelligence (AI), the Internet of Things (IoT) and augmented analytics into business processes to provide real-time intelligence and insight.
SAP Intelligent Robotic Process Automation (RPA)technology services are now available to automate processes and increase productivity through digital bots. These software robots replace manual tasks, interpret text-heavy communications or assist end users with definable and repeatable business processes. SAP Intelligent RPA is tightly integrated into SAP Cloud Platform and digital core solutions such as SAP S/4HANA.
- SAP Data Intelligence is planned to be the first enterprise solution with an end-to-end lifecycle for data and machine learning when made available in June. It is designed to give users more control of their data, models and deployments. It also allows them to adapt the latest trends and technology by combining the SAP Data Hub solution and SAP Leonardo Machine Learning Foundation in one integrated cloud offering, making use of established open source frameworks such as TensorFlow.
- Collaboration with Amazon Web Services (AWS) IoT will offer SAP customers greater flexibility and the ability to leverage AWS IoT Core as the connectivity and device management layer for IoT telemetry data that is relayed to SAP Leonardo IoT. Additionally, SAP Leonardo IoT Edge gives customers the option to extend support for their business processes locally on top of AWS IoT Greengrass. Essential business functions from SAP Leonardo IoT Edge, such as field service management, are planned to run within the AWS IoT Greengrass Edge environment by late 2019, reducing latency and optimising usage of bandwidth and connectivity.
- SAP Analytics Cloud solution updates offer new visual formulas that let anyone in an organisation create planning scenarios and simulate models using domain language, making advanced collaborative enterprise planning easily accessible.
New integration with the SAP Integrated Business Planning solution helps customers gain complete visibility across important KPIs in SAP Digital Boardroom. Thanks to these updates, customers and partners can build, embed and extend their own analytical applications for data analysis, planning and prediction with a dedicated Software Development Kit (SDK).
Check out our Zag SAPPHIRE NOW Hub 2019 to keep up with the latest announcements to ensure you don’t miss a thing!