This blog features commentary from Jan Devereux, Head of Customer Value for Zag part of Accenture, on Accenture’s 2021 Technology Vision for SAP Solutions Driving Change Leading with the SAP Ecosystem.
One of the biggest lessons organisations can take from COVID-19 is that they need a more resilient, adaptable, and trusted foundation for partnerships.
The pace of change and complexity of today’s business landscape is so great that few companies, if any, can master it entirely on their own.
The reality is, if you want to transform the business in the post-pandemic world, you need to collaborate, coordinate, and coinvent with your ecosystem to drive change at an industry level.
Multiparty systems will be an ever more crucial enabler of that ecosystem collaboration. These systems—which include blockchain, distributed ledgers, distributed databases, tokenization and other technologies and capabilities—enable a shared data infrastructure between individuals and organizations that drives efficiency, enhances sustainability and helps build new business and revenue models.
|Summary of what’s happening:
• The business environment is now more demanding than ever, and the opportunities are complex.• Few businesses can hope to tackle them alone.• From supply chains to digital ecosystems, connecting via multiparty systems will be essential in rebuilding and renewing for the future.
91% of executes agree
“Multiparty systems are poised to become the centre of commerce, supply chain and all other transactions amongst partners and customers”
*Source: Accenture Technology Vision 2021 Business and IT Executive Survey. Global N=6,241. ANZ N=360
Of course, changing the way you partner isn’t something you can do on your own.
Multiparty systems typically need to be built by ecosystems and consortiums of collaborators – rather than independently.
In a lot of ways, it’s a departure from what organisations are used to and comfortable with. But the potential is huge.
So, in an SAP context, what does this mean for organisations like yours?
- Understanding which platforms your business users and customers leaned on most in the last year.
- Explore collaboration opportunities to build unique digital products.
- Keep abreast of the multiparty systems emerging in your industry – start evaluating the business case for participation.
- Think beyond the walls of the organisation – assess how solutions such as SAP Business Network might enable better collaboration and greater supply chain responsiveness.
More specifically if you’re looking at SAP Ariba:
Solutions for Buyers
- Connect virtually every step and piece of data together across the source-to-pay process. With SAP Ariba procurement and supply chain solutions, you can reduce leakage, increase speed, and strengthen control overspending.
Ariba Network for Suppliers
- When you’re a supplier on Ariba Network, you can accelerate the sales cycle while lowering the cost of sales, find new customers who are ready to buy, know when you’ll get paid, and more.
Or, if you’re looking at Logistic Business Network (LBN):
Freight logistics collaboration
- Support shippers in their collaboration with third-party logistics providers
- Manage transactions jointly and share insights across the value chain
- Oversee the complete freight order lifecycle and manage appointments
- Leverage real-time connectivity and visibility.
Tracking and tracing
- Monitor purchase, sales, and delivery fulfilment
- Avoid costly firefighting by notifying relevant stakeholders about deviations from the plan
- Get visibility into your goods in transit to optimise your logistics supply chain
- Extend your reach with custom integration into other networks.
- Improve transparency, trust, efficiency, and sustainability by connecting your supply chain
- Get end-to-end multi-ingredient traceability and trace material provenance from raw material origin to finished product
- Provide cross-company alerting for product issues to streamline recalls.
What to do first?
Look for emerging multiparty systems and inter-organisational collaboration opportunities in your industry.
Start evaluating the case for participation.
Assess how SAP Business Network might enable better collaboration and greater supply chain responsiveness.
Get in touch at firstname.lastname@example.org or with your Zag Account Manager if you need any support.