This blog features commentary from Jan Devereux, Head of Customer Value for Zag part of Accenture, on Accenture’s 2021 Technology Vision for SAP Solutions Driving Change Leading with the SAP Ecosystem.
As much of the world shut down to contain the spread of COVID-19, companies took drastic steps to ensure their people could stay safe and productive.
For billions of individuals, and millions of organisations, work changed overnight, and digital adoption soared.
These were not mere short-term solutions.
For years, employers and employees have been aware of the potential for remote working and virtual collaboration—the pandemic has accelerated shifts that were happening anyway.
Even as offices reopened, the workplace didn’t go back to exactly the way it was before.
The practical implications are that more and more employees will want to be able to work in a greater variety of locations—wherever they happen to be that day—and IT must be ready to support this.
|Summary of what’s happening:
• The COVID-19 pandemic forced the world into perhaps the biggest shift in ways of working in living memory.
• Companies can now choose how best to capitalise on the newly equipped virtualised workforce, enabling their people to drive change from anywhere and everywhere.
91% of executives agree
“When access to powerful technology capabilities reaches throughout the organisation, every employee can be an active, and vital, part of the digital transformation effort.”
*Source: Accenture Technology Vision 2021 Business and IT Executive Survey. Global N=6,241. ANZ N=360
The leaders of the future will be those that act now to enable flexible digital environments that allow employees to be physically distributed, creatively connected, empowered by technology, and able to innovate from anywhere and everywhere.
So, in an SAP context, what does this mean for organisations like yours?
- Scaling up your flexible work environments to let people work wherever they want.
- Make use of Microsoft Teams’ forthcoming integration with SAP’s solution suite and
- Support frictionless working across locations and across platforms to enhance productivity, engagement, and learning opportunities.
- Creating consistent user interfaces and ways of interacting with the technology stack, cutting the cognitive load and prevent the proliferation of application portals.
- It includes common data governance across locations and devices (SAP’s Central Launchpad Service, SAP BTP features like One Workflow Inbox and a seamless user experience with SAP Fiori).
- Explore using Qualtrics® solutions to understand and act on employee sentiment about your user experiences.
What to do first?
Prepare the organisation for a more flexible workplace with the forthcoming integration of Microsoft Teams and SAP solutions.
Create consistent user interfaces and ways of interacting with the technology stack, cutting the cognitive load and prevent the proliferation of application portals.
Explore using Qualtrics® solutions to understand and act on employee sentiment about your user experiences.
Get in touch at email@example.com or with your Zag Account Manager if you need any help.